Wednesday, April 8, 2015

ALDI-Mate Chocolate

Ich spreche schokolade. You know the song, "You Were Always On My Mind?"  That is how I feel about European dark chocolate, specifically after I've eaten the last of the minimum 15 chocolate bars that I always bring home with me (hey, this is a judgment free zone).  My sweet love will never die for it.  What is even sweeter than cramming my carry-on bag with dark chocolate and being laughed at in foreign airports by Customs officials and my mom?  Being able to buy affordable and authentic European dark chocolate every day.  Yes, every day.  No, this is not a dream; say hallo to ALDI!

ALDI is a German grocery store chain that is known for low prices; its stores can be found in most European countries, not just in Germany.  I know this for a fact because my mom will always excitedly say, "look Elana, there's an ALDI store!" whenever she sees one in the European country that we're visiting.  In our country, my favorite ALDI item and former best-kept secret is the 5-pack of dark chocolate bars from Germany for only $1.99 (the price at the time of this blog post).  If you're not a dark chocolate aficionado like I am, there are various 5-pack chocolate bar flavors to choose from in addition to other sweet selections. 

But wait, there's more!  In addition to ALDI's standard German chocolate selection, starting this week you can also purchase other specialty Deutsche delights including strudel, spaetzle, Bavarian bratwurst, and muesli.  This is a delicious and affordable way to bring the taste of the EU to you!  I loved every meal that I ate while vacationing in Germany, so I will definitely be stocking up this week! 

The only authentic German goodness that ALDI can't import?  This sweet picture of Heidelberg, courtesy of my German friend Monika.  I love it when my blog readers share their European pictures with me....almost as much as I love my ALDI dark chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment