Sunday, March 8, 2015

EU To You is New!

After you say the title of this inaugural post three times fast, I'd like to welcome you to my blog; I'm excited to share my love of Europe with you!  To me, the European Union (EU) is more than a place....it is a source of inspiration for dressing, cooking, decorating, and living "la dolce vita!"  This blog is dedicated to my late grandmother and original travel partner, Madeline, who gave me the travel bug at a young age.  Grazie, Nonny!

I realize that not everyone is able to travel to Europe, which is the purpose of my blog: to bring the EU to you!  In addition to sharing my personal experiences and travel tips with you, I'll also be featuring traditional recipes, European guest editors, and ideas to inspire you and hopefully convince you to try something and/or travel to somewhere new!  While the majority of my posts will be about countries that are part of the European Union, I'll also incorporate those that aren't part of the EU at this time, such as Switzerland.

Speaking of Switzerland, it is one of the many European countries that I've been fortunate enough to travel to, along with Spain, Portugal, Italy, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria, and Liechtenstein.  Am I a trust fund child?  No, I've traveled to these fabulous places by budgeting and saving my money; it's as simple as that!  To quote my mother, "once you return from a trip to Europe, you will start saving your money to go back again!"

Why do I love Europe so?  Is it the mouth watering cuisine, indulgent gelato and chocolate, cutting edge fashion, historic places, and the ability to observe and interact with other cultures?  Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes!

A few housekeeping notes: all of the pictures from various European countries on my blog were taken by me, my mother, and our travel friends.  Please do not use any of my pictures without my permission.  I am not paid to write this blog; it is a fun hobby and I do not claim to be a European Union expert.  If you would like to leave a comment, please keep it positive.  I'm also happy to answer your questions and help in any way that I can! 




No comments:

Post a Comment